Your Ultimate Guide to Lawn Fertilizer Service
Lawn fertilization is an often-overlooked aspect of lawn care and maintenance. People fail to realize that the right choice of fertilizer and correct application can help promote a healthy, beautiful lawn. This is why it helps to hire professionals for lawn fertilizer service. Read on to learn more about fertilizing and lawn care so you can make an informed decision.
Reasons to Fertilize Your Lawn
Lawn fertilizers are an excellent means of providing your yard with the essentials it needs for proper growth. They can develop deeper, healthier roots and a lush appearance.
The following nutrients are crucial for your lawn:
- Nitrogen ensures proper growth and a healthy, green colour.
- Potassium helps the grass to become more resistant to changing weather conditions and diseases.
- Phosphorous encourages root growth.
Types of Lawn Fertilizers
- Time-Release Lawn Fertilizers – beneficial for feeding the lawn over time. When using them, you do not have to remember the exact feed time.
- Gradual Release – ensures plant roots get the nutrients they need. It is quite easy to apply and helps to reduce the chance of burning the lawn.
- Granular Fertilizers – typically available in slow-release and time-release forms and are popular due to the ease of application.
- Water-Soluble or Liquid Fertilizers – a quick and effective way to spread nutrients. They are typically spread using a hose.
Most lawn fertilizers are available in the following forms:
- Organic – Naturally made products produced from once-living organisms.
- Synthetic – A chemical formula that can offer immediate release and helps to add a healthy colour to the lawn.
When is the Right Time to Fertilize Your Lawn?
Reputable lawn fertilization companies have experts who know when and how often to apply lawn fertilizers for the best results. Here are a few general guidelines:
- Early Spring – This is when your lawn wakes up after the cold, winter season.
- Late Spring – During this time, the grass tends to grow actively.
- Summer – The lawn needs additional strength to withstand the hot temperatures and heavy foot traffic.
- Fall – The fall months with cool nights and warm days provide the perfect conditions for the grass.
Professional Lawn Fertilization May Be Right for You
Fertilizing a lawn is not as easy as it may appear at first glance. It requires the expertise, skills, and knowledge of experts to ensure your yard is healthy. This is why it helps to hire a company offering excellent lawn fertilizer service, who can provide you with high-quality results quickly and help you save time and energy.
Contact Greenbloom for Lawn Fertilizer Service
Greenbloom is Toronto’s leading landscaping and maintenance company. We provide complete residential and commercial landscaping services and have experts who offer lawn care assistance as per our client’s varied needs. We have the resources and knowledge to use spring lawn fertilizers and fall lawn fertilizers to ensure the best results.