10 Questions that You Must Ask Your Landscape Designer
If you want to work with a landscape company offering design services, it is important to find the right one. This is mostly about familiarizing yourself with the range of services that they provide, getting acquainted with their landscape designers, and knowing which questions to ask upfront. As a well-known company providing landscape services, we often get owners of commercial properties asking how to choose a landscape designer. We have put together this guide to help you, so you know what to expect from them.
10 Important Questions to Ask Before Selecting Your Landscape Designer
- What Landscaping Services Do You Offer?
Determine the range of services they offer to ensure that they can meet your specific needs. Typically, landscaping companies provide two kinds of services:
- Design Only – They have landscape designers who specialize in the initial process of developing preliminary plans and ideas for your property.
- Design and Build – In addition to offering landscape designs and ideas, they also oversee the installation process.
- Can I See Your Portfolio?
It helps to browse through the previous work of the landscape designer to make sure it includes the style and type of work you prefer for your property. Also, check out their credentials and years of experience.
- Do You Offer Consultations?
Some companies provide landscape consultations to survey your property, develop and discuss some ideas, and determine an estimate for the project. This way you will know if they are the right choice for the job.
- What Ideas and Plans Do You Have for My Property?
Landscape design for a commercial property involves a variety of aspects including planting, clean up, and maintenance. Ask your landscape designer what plans they have for your place and how they would accomplish them. Also, make sure the ideas are in line with your needs.
- What is Your Process for Landscaping a Commercial Property?
The process generally depends on the types of services they offer. Know how they do things and get acquainted with the person who will be in charge of the project so you know with whom to discuss the progress and any concerns that you may have in the future.
- What is the Approximate Overall Cost of the Project?
It is essential to be clear about the expenses, so you know if you are making a wise investment by choosing the landscaper designer. Also, ask about the additional fees that they may charge in case of any unexpected changes.
- How Can I Reduce the Expenses?
Ensure that they maintain transparency at all levels when it comes to the cost of the project. The designer can explain how each component can enhance the appearance of your property and help you decide which ones are the least important in case you wish to cut down on the expenses.
- How Long Will the Project Take?
Ask about the time they may take to complete the task so you can plan accordingly. It depends on the following factors:
- Size of your property and scope of the landscaping project
- Availability of contractors, designers, and other experts
- Ordering and delivery time for plants and other materials
- Weather conditions
- Any setbacks during the process
- How Much Time Will It Take for the Plants to Grow?
The time it takes for a garden to grow in typically depends on the design and the types of plants. Also, be sure to choose the plants that can thrive in your area.
- How Much Maintenance Does the Property Require?
The maintenance of a commercial property depends on the scope of the design. Choose the ideas according to how much time you are willing to commit.
Hire the Team at Greenbloom for Landscaping a Commercial Property
Greenbloom is a reputable landscape design company in Toronto. We believe in providing superior landscaping services and strive to exceed the expectations of our customers. We have expert landscape designers who can come up with ideas and plans to suit your needs while enhancing the appeal of your property.
For more information about our team and services, talk to our consultants by calling 647-500-5263. You could also fill out our online form to request a free estimate.
- What Landscaping Services Do You Offer?